BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Band||Board Of Directors||Alternate|
|Gitga’at (Hartley Bay)||Denise Eshom||Vacant|
|Haisla (Kitamaat)||Rhonda Schulmeister||Patricia Starr|
|Gitxaala (Kitkatla)||Emma Moody||Colin Angus|
|Kitselas||Marcia Spencer||Susan Bevan|
|Kitsumkalum||Shirley Bolan||Cynthia Bohn|
|Metlakatla||Cindy Smith||Marie Skidmore|
|Lax Kw’alaams||Angela Green||Gerri Alexcee|
Purpose and Guiding Principles
It is the purpose of the NIFCS Board of Directors to strive for excellence in the governance of the agency and to operate from a model that is based on the Guiding Principles of:
• Shared vision
• Encourages initiative
• Open to change
• Leading edge
• To empower the Bands to take back ownership / responsibility for child welfare.
• To create safety for individuals, families and communities.
• To increase family connectedness.
• To create the opportunity for family input.
• To keep children in their community.
• To support the empowered family.
• To increase understanding.
• To provide education.
• To provide successful outcomes for children and youth.
• To increase capacity building of Child & Family Teams.
To facilitate NIFCS’ vision of “Healthy Children and Families.”